Why Not Using BEAM?
- VISAT – An intuitive desktop application to be used for visualization, analyzing and processing of remote sensing raster data. To get an impression of how VISAT looks and feels like, please take a look at the related screenshots page.
- A set of scientific tools running either from the command line or invoked by VISAT, also entirely written in Java.
- A rich Java API for the development of new remote sensing applications and BEAM extension plug-ins.
This following table lists the data product formats which are supported by BEAM using the reader modules provided in the standard installation.
|MERIS L1b/L2||Envisat||Envisat N1|
|AATSR L1b/L2||Envisat||Envisat N1|
|ATSR L1b/L2||ERS||Envisat N1, ERS|
|MODIS L2||Aqua, Terra||HDF4|
|AVHRR/3 L1b||NOAA-KLM||NOAA, METOP|
|TM||Landsat 5||FAST, GeoTIFF|
Generic EO Data Formats
BEAM supports the following generic raster formats:
- Very fast image display and navigation even of giga-pixel images
- Advanced layer management allows adding and manipulation of new overlays such as images of other bands, images from WMS servers or ESRI shapefiles
- Rich region-of-interest definitions for statistics and various plots
- Easy bitmask definition and overlay
- Flexible band arithmetic using arbitrary mathematical expressions
- Accurate reprojection and ortho-rectification to common map projections,
- Geo-coding and rectification using ground control points
- Store and restore the current session including all opened files, views and layers
- A standard set of scientific data processorswhich includes
- Level 3 Binning and Mosaicing (all sensors)
- Collocation (all sensors)
- EM and K-Means Clustering, Linear Spectral Unmixing (all sensors)
- Radiance-to-Reflectance, Smile Effect Correction, Cloud Probability, SMAC Atmospheric Correction, Case 2 Water Constituents (MERIS)
- Sea Surface Temperature (AATSR)
- FLH/MCI, NDVI (all sensors)